8/10/2009

Writing Experiences And Goals




FIRST OF ALL

I have something very important to say..

HI!

Well, you can't expect me to not show manners
knowing that you're about to read a 10 minute blog post.
=D just kidding


Okay seriously,
W-R-I-T-I-N-G

that word evokes a lot memory/thought/feeling. Ever since the day I bought my first composition book from Long's, that's when I truly began to feel that I was starting to transfer my mind and emotion onto that paper. They weren't just sentences about "The sky is blue" or "Dog rhymes with frog". These were sentences that had much more meaning than what was written. When I looked at the letters and read the stories I've written in that composition book, all I saw in my head was my life. That No.2 Pencil and Marble Composition Book were my closest buddies when I was about 5, and through long periods of tiring story-writing or through short and quick brainstorming sessions, those two things were there with me. I've written so much, that I've practiced nice penmenship and developed a writing callus on my right ring finger. Thankfully, it sorta disappeared. Anyways, my writing skills were put into a test when I had to write an essay in 3rd grade. Before, "essay" was a new word. So when the teacher explained that an essay was at least 3 paragraphs, I was scared, but accepted the challenge. Although I've experienced pain in my hand while writing for long periods of time, this was the most painful pain I've felt. The time given for this assignment was 20 minutes, and I've written longer, but my hand cramped up at 5 minutes of writing. I let go of the pencil and tried to open my hand, but it was stuck in a fist. So that was my most memobarable moment in my writing career.


Of course,
for one to get better and improve at something they're already good at, they have to set goals for themselves. For example, if your hand gets sore after 5 minutes of writing, do some excersises where your hand only hurts after 15 minutes. Well, the only main goal I have for my writing right now is to be able to write my own book. I've done so much short stories, but my excitement was short-lived and replaced by disappointment because I never really had the time and chance to finish them and expand the story. So hopefully in my Sophomore year, I will meet this goal.


well, I can't start my post by saying Hi without ending it to say


BYE!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Jonas,

    Interesting autobiographical background on your writing career. I would have liked to see it go a bit further than 3rd grade, though ;>

    Good luck with your book writing (as of now, however, I do not have plans to assign a book as one of my writing assessments ;)

    As for your pro/con pre-assessment: Your essay flows smoothly between each side of the argument. It would be strengthened, however, with more specifics (both from the article and from your own experience) and it would also have helped to broaden the examples and the discussion to include all of technology, rather than just iPods.

    If this were a regular essay, rather than an impromptu, I would also say that it could have been more concise.

    mrs s

    ReplyDelete